Fall 2020 Virtual Career Fairs
About Virtual Career Fairs
Fairs are open to FAU students and alumni only.
Please RSVP in Handshake ahead of time so that you don’t miss out on pertinent information regarding the event. All Career Fairs for the fall 2020 semester will be virtual.
For tips on attending virtual career fairs please visit http://fau.edu/career/students/virtual-career-events.php. Virtual career fairs (sometimes called an online job fair) is an online "event" in which employers and job seekers each meet in a virtual environment, using chat rooms, teleconferencing, webcasts, webinars and/or email to exchange information about job openings.
If you need any help polishing your resume or creating one, please stop by the Career Center. Click the links below to join the event and view the list of employers attending.
As you prepare to attend, the FAU Career Center is here to support you in your career exploration and internship/job goals. If you need any help with your resume or additional information about preparing for a virtual fair, please make an appointment to speak with a career counselor https://fau.joinhandshake.com/appointments/new.
Click the links below to join the event and view the list of employers attending.
Part-Time Job Fair
This career fair provides students and alumni to network with employers and learn about positions in various industries. Organizations are recruiting for internships, part-time jobs as well as on-campus positions.
Wednesday, Sept. 2,
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
This career fair provides students and alumni to network with employers and learn about positions in various industries. Organizations are recruiting for full-time and part-time jobs as well as internships.
Wednesday, Sep 30
10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Accounting Career & Internship Fair
This career fair provides students and alumni to network with industry-leading firms and organizations to share various opportunities in accounting, such as, full-time, part-time, internship positions and summer leadership programs.
Friday, Oct 9
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Careers in Engineering and Technology
This career fair provides students and alumni to network with industry-leading organizations to share various opportunities in engineering and technology, such as, full-time, part-time and internship positions.
Tuesday, Oct 13
10 a.m. - 2 pm
Graduate and Professional School Fair
This fair provides students and alumni to meet representatives from various graduate and professional schools to learn information about different graduate programs.
Thursday, Oct 22
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Careers in Life & Health Sciences
This career fair provides students and alumni to network with industry-leading organizations to share various opportunities in life and health sciences, such as, full-time, part-time and internship positions.
Tuesday, Oct. 27
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Social Services Networking Night
This networking event provides students and alumni to network with organizations in the social services industry. Various opportunities may be available such as, full-time, part-time, volunteer and internship positions
Thursday, Oct. 29
4 – 6 p.m.
Careers in Marketing and Communication Networking Mixer
This networking event is a collaboration with the American Marketing Association that provides students and alumni to network with marketing and communication professionals. Various opportunities may be available such as, full-time, part-time, volunteer and internship positions.
Wednesday, Nov. 4
4 – 6 p.m.
For information on how to view employers attending the Career Fairs in Handshake, click here
TIPS FOR ATTENDING A CAREER EVENT
- Research companies of interest. For the most up-to-date list, visit Handshake and click on Career Events.
- Get your résumé and cover letter critiqued at the Career Center, and be sure to print extra copies on the day of the fair.
- Attend professional development workshops and career events prior to the fairs, click here to prepare for the fair.
- Make sure to prepare an outfit before the event. For tips on "what to wear", or if you need a professional outfit, visit the OWL Professional Clothes Closet.
- Schedule an appointment for a mock interview, to practice answering interview questions and to help prepare your 1- Minute elevator pitch.
DURING THE FAIR
- Arrive early, bring multiple copies of your résumé and check in at the Career Center table for any questions while you are there.
- Establish eye contact, smile and present a firm handshake while introducing yourself and conduct yourself professionally the entire time, even when you are in line to speak to a recruiter
- Display confidence, enthusiasm, and highlight 2- 3 selling points that make you qualified, such as, your major and experience.
- Thank the employers for their time and ask for a business card for future contact.
- Visit multiple tables and walk the entire event before deciding to leave, you may be surprised and meet with a company you are unfamiliar with and learn about unique opportunities.
- Make notes on business cards collected during fair.
- Follow-up with a call, thank you e-mail or add the person you met on LinkedIn.
- Apply for on-campus interview or positions through Handshake (if required).
- Schedule an appointment for a mock interview, or attend an interviewing workshop to start preparing for the next step.