Welcome to the Office of Student Conduct
To promote a safe and secure University community of civility, integrity, and student learning and development, as well as responsible, healthy behavior, and to provide fairness in the student discipline process. The Office for Student Conduct fulfills this mission by:
- Developing, disseminating, interpreting, and enforcing the Student Code of Conduct;
- Educating students about their rights and responsibilities as University community members;
- Supporting students during these experiences in an effort to foster maturity; independence, confidence, and life-long learning skills;
- Encourage students to assume self and social responsibility; and,
- Offering educational and leadership opportunities for students who participate in the operation of the Student Discipline System.
The Office of Student Conduct is also responsible for investigating alleged violations of University Regulations and Policies and for implementing the student conduct process. An educational and holistic approach to student conduct is employed whenever possible.
Students, faculty and staff who believe there has been a violation can contact the Office of Student Conduct at the Dean of Students Office to discuss options available for reporting incidents to the appropriate authorities. Office staff also assists victims of assault or harassment by a University student, and they are also available for educational programs on a variety of related topics.