Date: July 18, 2015
The Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal that is published annually. Deadline Extended for submission to May 29, 2015. For more information on specific requirements for submission, click here.
The Peer Mentor Program is designed to help guide undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing research and inquiry. Peer Mentors will be representatives of all disciplines, colleges and partner campuses, and serve as ambassadors for the Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry. Questions? email email@example.com Click here to apply!
- The FAU Library has established great resources to help in you and your students' research endeavors
- The Graduate College and the Division of Research have put together a list of workshops for students to attend to better their understanding of research and how to conduct a project responsibly.
CITI – the Collaborative Inter-Institutional Training Initiative provides access to courses that are designed to be used by institutions and organizations to provide comprehensive training in a variety of areas such as Institutional Review Board (IRB), Good Clinical Practices, Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) and other areas. (content borrowed from the FAU RCR website)
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Research Integrity has many resources on how to conduct a research project, research misconduct, programs, and several resources that may assist in your project.
National Center for Professional & Research Ethics (NCPRE), also known as Ethics Core, is a source where individuals can find videos, statistics, simulations, etc. that other researchers have conducted and shared with NCPRE.
- IRBs and Research on Teaching and Learning: This resource addresses common questions researchers might have about seeking approval from Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) to conduct research on teaching and learning.
IMPLEMENTING RESEARCH INTO THE CURRICULUM
- The Boyer Report: Reinventing Undergraduate Education: A Blueprint for America’s Research Universities
- Developing and Sustaining a Research-Supportive Curriculum: A Compendium of Successful Practices: Council on Undergraduate Research
The City University of New York (CUNY)
- Integrating Research into the Curriculum: Mitch Malachowski, CUNY
- The Essential Features of Undergraduate Research
- Integrating Research practices into Lower division and General Education courses: from the University of Maryland
Society for Neuroscience on Mentoring Undergraduates "is committed to advancing the understanding of the brain and nervous system by creating venues where great science gets shared, providing professional development for neuroscience professionals, promoting public education and general education in neuroscience research, and informing legislators and other policymakers about new developments."
Perspectives on Undergraduate Research and Mentoring (PURM) is as a multidisciplinary journal that includes the processes of undergraduate research.
How to mentor undergraduate researchers: A publication of the Council on Undergraduate Research. If any faculty members are interested in obtaining a copy, OURI has some for your convenience.
- Classroom Undergraduate Research Experience (CURE): The CURE survey measures student experiences in “research-like” or other science courses, and may be used as a pretest-posttests or pretest only survey.