FAU's Department of Music is proud to announce that Wells Fargo is sponsoring the Music Department’s concert season with its matching grant program. Wells Fargo will match dollar-for-dollar the suggested donations or concert ticket proceeds used towards music student scholarships. During our 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons, Wells Fargo's matching grant totaled $50,000—matched with concert contributions, this provided $100,000 in scholarship support to our music students. We are so grateful to Wells Fargo for continuing this incredible community partnership with the Department of Music and Florida Atlantic University!
More than $150,000 in music scholarships is awarded annually by the Department of Music, available by audition. In addition, the department awards a number of out-of-state tuition waivers for undergraduates, teaching assistantships that include stipends of $8,000, and tuition waivers for graduate students.
- Helene C. Alter Memorial Scholarship - Established in 1996 by Mr. and Mrs.
- Joseph Alter. This scholarship assists students studying classical music and is awarded to one degree-seeking student each year. The scholarship is based on merit and requires an audition.
- Maestro Mark Azzolina Scholarship - Established in 1995 by the Boca Raton community and the FAU Foundation, in memory and honor of Mark Azzolina, the former Boca Pops Conductor. This scholarship provides funds to music students based on talent and financial need. Preference is given to Florida students.
- Eugene N. Crabb Scholarship - Established in 1985 by faculty and staff in honor of retired FAU professor, Eugene Crabb. An annual scholarship is awarded through the Department of Music to undergraduate and graduate students studying any instrument.
- The Duprees Endowed Music Scholarship Founded by Michael and DeeDee Groskin - established in 2007 by Michael and DeeDee Groskin to provide educational opportunities for FAU music students and to honor the enduring talent of the Duprees whose distinctive sound has entertained generations since the 1960's.
- Mrs. Charles A. "Binny" Foster Scholarship in Music - Established by the late Binny Foster in 1987. This scholarship provides annual scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students studying any instrument in the Department of Music.
- Georgina Dieter Dennis Foundation Vocal Scholarship - Georgina Dieter Dennis was an award-winning opera singer whose career spanned several decades. She established her foundation in order to provide financial assistance to vocal majors who wish to advance in their music studies, and the Georgina Dieter Dennis Foundation selected Florida Atlantic University’s vocal program as a partner in this mission.
- Greenwall Scholarship - Established in 1988 by the Greenwall Foundation, in memory of Frank Greenwall. This scholarship provides funds for students studying classical music.
- Esther B. Griswold Music Scholarship - Established by the late Esther B. Griswold. The fund provides annual scholarships to be awarded to undergraduate and graduate music students studying any instrument.
- Esther B. Griswold Performing Arts Scholarship - Established by the late Esther B. Griswold. This scholarship is an award given in alternating years by the music and theatre departments to a graduating Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Fine Arts student who has completed 60 credit hours at FAU and has a 3.25 GPA for all major courses.
- Dr. Richard W.J. Hayman Scholarship in Music
- James Family Opportunity Scholarship in Honor of Frank Brogan - This fund was created by Bill and Cecelia James to provide annual scholarships to students studying in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters. Recipients must have financial need, major in music or theatre arts and a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Herman Joachim Music Award - Established by a bequest from the Herman Joachim Trust in 1994. This scholarship is awarded to music students.
- H.C. Kersten Florida Grand Opera Scholarship - Established in 1967 by the Ft. Lauderdale Opera Guild. The scholarship is awarded to undergraduate or graduate students studying any instrument. Preference is given to voice students from Broward County.
- Eugene Kirsch Scholarship - This annual scholarship was created by Suzanne Klein in honor of her father, who is a lifelong musician. It is a merit based scholarship awarded to a student who is a music major and an outstanding woodwind player.
- Fiona McCleary Piano Scholarship - Established by Fiona McCleary Warndof in 1985. The award is available to qualified undergraduate and graduate students studying piano.
- Evelyn C. Monberg Piano Scholarship - Established in 2003 from the estate of Evelyn Monberg to support qualified students studying piano.
- Nancy Murphy Scholarship Fund - Established by Patrick Murphy in honor and memory of his mother, Nancy Murphy. This scholarship is available to students in the Department of Music.
- John S. and Zilpha D. Poli Music Scholarship
- Raul Spivak Memorial Scholarship - Established in 1976 by Luisa Spivak, in memory of her husband, FAU professor Raul Spivak. The funds provide awards for undergraduate or graduate students studying the piano.
- David G. Stephens Memorial Endowed Scholarship in Music
- Swing and Jazz Preservation Society - created to provide general scholarship support to the Department of Music to help continue music education for talented music students with a preference to students participating in Jazz Studies.
- Rhoda Tavener Memorial Scholarship - Established by the husband and family members of the late Mrs. Charles Tavener. This scholarship is awarded to a music student based on excellence in academics.
- Thomas Webb Scholarship - Established by Donna Lawson. This scholarship is awarded to undergraduate and graduate music students studying any instrument.
- Richard Wright Voice Scholarship - Established by the late Mrs. Roy Bickerton in honor of retired FAU professor Richard Wright. The scholarship is awarded to graduate or undergraduate music students.
- Adela Bush Merbaum Memorial Award in Music, given by Frances Edelman, to a student in the music department.
- Esther B. Griswold Music Scholarship/Esther B. Griswold Theatre Scholarship - Established by the late Earle and Esther Griswold to provide scholarships for outstanding music and drama students.
- Al Nierel Memorial Music Scholarship - Established by the Swing and Jazz Preservation Society.
MusicScholarships.US provides a listing of free music scholarships, grants, competitions, awards, and other resources for students.