In addition to the Business Concentration and the MBA Pathway, yet another option for Honors College students interested in pursuing business is a Business Minor. As an Honors College student, regardless of your concentration, you have the option of earning a minor in Business Administration through the College of Business at Florida Atlantic University. If you earn a minor in Business Administration, you will have most of the necessary background to apply for the Master of Business Administration program at Florida Atlantic University. (Students also need to complete QMB 3600 Quantitative Methods of Business as a foundations course before starting the MBA program; note that this course has a prereq of STA 2023 and Calculus). Honors College students may find the following MBA programs of particular interest among other options available:
- International Business
- Environmental Business
- Global Entrepreneurship
- Health Administration
- Culture and Arts Administration
- Sports Management
In order to earn a minor in Business Administration, a student must complete the 21 credits of course work listed below with a grade of C or better.
- ECO 2013 Honors Macroeconomic Principles (3 credits, taken in the Honors College)
- ECO 2023 Honors Microeconomic Principles (3 credits, taken in the Honors College)
- ACG 2021 Principles of Accounting I (3 credits)
- ACG 2071 Principles of Accounting II (3 credits)
Required Upper Division Courses
- MAN 3025 Introduction to Management & Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
- MAR 3023 Marketing Management (3 credits)
- FIN 3403 Principles of Financial Management (3 credits) (Prerequisites: ACG 2021, 2071)
All of the business courses are offered regularly at the Boca Raton campus in all semesters including summer.
In addition to the minor in Business Administration, individualized certificate programs are also available for Honors College students.
For further information you can e-mail Dr. Rupert Rhodd, Associate Dean of the College of Business, or call him at 561-297-2545.