- FAU English Professor Awarded Pushcart Prize
- FAU Professor Ayşe Papatya Bucak has been awarded the prestigious Pushcart Prize, an award given annually for the best poetry, short fiction and essays published in the small press. Others who have received this honor include Joyce Carol Oates, John Irving and Tim O'Brien.
- FAU Honors College Professor Carmen Cañete Quesada Receives Fulbright Award
- Carmen Cañete Quesada, Ph.D., associate professor of Spanish in the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College at Florida Atlantic University, has received a Fulbright grant to teach and conduct research in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. This grant is awarded by the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES), the Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Department of State (ECA), and the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB).
- Scholarship Named In Honor Of Fau College Of Business Professor
- FAU's College of Business has announced that the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) South Florida Chapter's annual scholarship fund has been named in honor of Peter Ricci, Ph.D., director of hospitality management. Applications for the HSMAI South Florida Dr. Peter Ricci Honorary Scholarship Award, for students pursuing careers in hospitality sales and marketing, management or revenue management, are now being accepted.
- Living Room Theaters
Foreign and Independent Films
Press Release Archive >
Watch FAU Featured Video
FAU Medical School Celebration
Visit FAU on YouTube
SCENE@FAU Visit the Photo Gallery
News & Information
David J. Lewkowicz, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
Dr. David J. Lewkowicz an internationally known expert on infant perceptual development. He is past president of the International Society on Infant Studies, as well as an elected fellow of the Association for Psychological Science and the American Psychological Association. At FAU, Lewkowicz is the director of the Child Development Laboratory, where he and his team investigate the development of audio-visual perception and integration, temporal perception and sequence learning in human infants. Their goal is to discover the perceptual underpinnings of the development of attention, speech, language and social understanding in human infancy and, potentially, to provide insights into the causes of developmental disabilities. Lewkowicz's research is funded by NSF and NIH grants. A recent award totaling more than $1.5 million will allow him to study perceptual narrowing and the development of perceptual expertise in infancy.
- Dr. Leonard Berry, environmental studies, has been selected as a co-author on the National Climate Assessment (NCA)...
- Dr. Oge Marques, engineering, recently released his textbook, Practical Image and Video Processing Using MATLAB...
- Carol Prusa, visual arts and art history, was recently awarded the Herbert Ubertalli Award for Visual Arts from the Palm Beach County Cultural Council...
- Complete Highlights
(updated February 2012) >