Registration and Transcript Holds for Balances Due or Past Due
The Controller’s Office applies registration and transcript holds each semester, prior to advance registration for the next semester. These holds are required because we cannot allow registration or the release of transcripts when a balance is due.
If you have these holds, please take these steps to get the holds released:
- Log in to MyFAU.
- On the top of the Home Page, access the “Money Matters!” Tab.
- On the top right of the "Money Matters!" web page is a section titled Student Payment Information, and a link to Student Account. Click on that link to be directed to your Student Account in FAU Self Service.
- At the bottom of the Student Account page are several menus. Select the Account Summary by Term menu.
- Review the Account Summary and you will see charges and payments. Any charge that has an amount in the Balance column is due and has created the holds on registration and transcripts.
- The holds will remain on your account until the balance on your account has been paid in full. You can pay the balance due using the Pay Now link at the bottom of the Account Summary page.