Workday Project- New
It is the primary mission of the Florida Atlantic University Controller's Office to:
- Establish and communicate policies and procedures necessary to ensure the proper and efficient use of University resources.
- Maintain an accurate and effective accounting and reporting system
- Provide campus leadership in the development of effective control systems to safeguard University assets.
- Receive and deposit funds due the University and maintain and process the University's payroll
- Ensure the prompt and proper settlement of amounts owed by the University
- Maintain the University's accounting, financial reporting systems and University's banking relationships
- Provide oversight and management to ensure the integrity of all University financial affairs
- Actively promote and monitor compliance with appropriate State and Federal financial and tax laws and regulations
It is the vision of the Controller's Office staff to meet the financial and accounting needs of a diverse and dynamic campus community with quality performance and in a professional, courteous and service-oriented manner. Additionally, we aspire to play a leadership role in our part of the university industry.
The core values we subscribe to in the Controller's Office are:
- Integrity - We are committed to conducting ourselves in an honest and credible manner, and to abiding by high ethical and moral standards
- Excellence - We are committed to achieving excellence in all our assigned responsibilities. We will carry out our responsibilities with pride, professionalism and enthusiasm
- Service - We are committed to meeting and facilitating the needs of the University community in a "customer-oriented" manner
- Sensitivity - We are committed to demonstrating a sincere and caring attitude toward those with whom we interact. We will treat others with dignity and respect
- Harmony - We are committed to creating an environment where harmony, cooperation, camaraderie and team effort is fostered. We will strive for win-win solutions
Personal Growth - We are committed to providing an environment where staff are encouraged to grow professionally and personally, to develop and offer new ideas and solutions, to share in information, to be recognized for achievement and to be given opportunities for responsibility and empowerment.
SSN's are required to issue a W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) and direct deposit forms require use of SSN's to verify against bank records. The Controller's Office may use and/or request SSN's from vendors and/or students to facilitate direct pay of an honorarium in compliance with Financial Information Reporting, Tuition Payment Statements (1098T) and Miscellaneous Income (1099) or the completion of W9 for Consultant Service. SSN's are also disclosed for collections purposes to authenticate identity.