The Undergraduate English Club — we have a way with words... literally.
The FAU English Club welcomes you to the Spring 2021 semester! As we continue to practice responsible forms of social distancing, English Club events will be primarily virtual and will include peer writing workshops, events during National Poetry Month (in April), a collective reading and discussion of Roxanne Gay's essay collection Bad Feminist, a beach clean-up, and more!
We shall meet weekly on Wednesdays @ 11am via Zoom beginning on February 3rd.
The Club is open to all English majors and minors and serves as an expressive outlet for students with similar interests and goals. Through events on and off campus, Club members can forge new social networks, cultivate scholarly and creative projects, and join the greater literary community beyond the classroom. Ultimately, the English Club's purpose is to enrich the lives of students attending Florida Atlantic University.
English Club Advisor: Dr. Stacey Balkan
Spring 2021 Events
- Wednesday 3 February, 11am: kickoff meeting
- Wednesday 3 March, 7pm: English Club to (virtually) attend Bergen Community College's presentation of Eurydice .
- Saturday 13 March, 12:30pm: English Club to (virtually) attend a reading with Edwidge Danticat. Register here.
- Wednesday 31 March, 11am: "English Club Reads": Selections from Roxanne Gay'sBad Feminist,"Girls, Girls, Girls" & "The Alienable Rights of Women"
- Friday 2 April, 4-6pm: Collaborative read-along with Sigma Tau Delta, FAU's undergraduate student club (flyer forthcoming!)
- Additional National Poetry Month events coming soon!
- Spring beach clean-up--details coming soon!
View past English Club events.
About the English Club
The English Club is social networking group for all English majors and minors. The club serves as a creative and expressive outlet for students with similar interests and goals.
The club's activities include on and off-campus events such as meetings, movie nights in the Living Room Theater, attending plays, and visiting art galleries. The English Club will also host workshops, mid-term and final exam study groups, monthly book/paper readings at Bookwise Book store, and Starbucks get-togethers.
Ultimately, the English Club's purpose is to enrich the lives of English students attending Florida Atlantic University.
(The English Club is a department resource and is not a student organization.)