What is Volunteering?
Volunteering is the actions taken to meet needs of others and better the community as a whole.
- Establish community relationships with many organizations
- Make a difference in your community
- Have hours recorded on your transcripts for future employers, and/or professional or graduate school applications
- Meet new people
- Explore Careers
- Gain experience in your career field
- Become eligible for nationwide scholarships and on-campus awards
- Create memories with friends and make someone happy
Recording Volunteer Hours
For the academic year 2014-2015, students are required to complete the following:
- The Fall 2015 deadline is December 3.
- Paper logs are no longer being used to submit service hours. Service hours are recorded and submitted via Noblehour.com. CLICK HERE to access the Noblehour guides for steps on creating an account and submitting your service hours.
- All submitted and verified service hours via Noblehour.com will be reported to the Registrar's office for posting to your official transcript - a benefit for your future employment or professional/graduate school enrollment.
- After submitting your volunteer hours, complete an electronic Volunteer Survey on your volunteer experience.