Executive Summary 2013 - 2014
- Completed the first year of national accreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
- Fifteen thousand six hundred and forty-eight (15,648) patient visits were provided across all clinics for 7,427 students or 24% of the entire FAU student population, remaining neutral from last year.
- Physician encounters were up 4%; Women's Clinic encounters were up 45%.
- SHS provided 714 doses of influenza vaccine to students on all campuses at no additional cost, a 7.5% increase over last year.
- Of 253 student respondents, 97% ranked their most recent visit as “very good” to “excellent” on student satisfaction surveys for Jupiter, Broward, Boca and Treasure Coast services.
- Of 269 patients who responded to a learning outcome question/survey this year, 75% were able to identify one health item they learned during their most recent SHS clinic visit.
- Of 247 students who responded to the ACHA-Patient Satisfaction Assessment Service, 73% stated they received information during their clinic visit that would improve their health.
- SHS website page views of 167,807 were up 11% this year; 20,895 people visited our site, up 10% over last year.
- Three thousand three hundred fifty (3,350) students registered to utilize the SHS secure web portal for patient communication this year, an increase of 65% over last year. Students may now make specific clinic appointments on-line for all three clinics. Students were sent 4,516 secure web portal messages containing their protected health information.
- Six hundred (600) pounds of food and toiletry items were collected university wide during the annual Have-a-Heart Food Drive benefiting community agencies that provide services to persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Implementation of third party insurance billing process
- Marketing health services to all students on all campuses to improve utilization of services
Goals for 2014-2015
Goal 1. Increase the number of on-campus student clinic visits at Jupiter SHS and Davie SHS by 2%. Supporting FAU Strategic Plan Goal 1.A and Student Affairs Strategic Plan Goal 1.A.
Goal 2. Increase the number of no-charge influenza vaccines provided to students in all clinics by 5%. Supporting FAU Strategic Plan Goal 1.A and Student Affairs Strategic Plan Goal 1.A.
Goal 3. Increase utilization and fiscal efficiencies of Dental Clinic as demonstrated by:
- Increase in dental visits by 5% over last year; and
- Dental Clinic year-end balance sheet will demonstrate no deficits.
Supporting FAU Strategic Plan Goal 1.E.1 and Student Affairs Strategic Plan Goal 1.A and Goal IV.
Goal 4. Ninety percent (90%) of patients who respond to a learning outcome question will be able to articulate at least one item they learned during their most recent clinic visit. Supporting FAU Strategic Plan Goal 1.E.1 and Student Affairs Strategic Plan Goal 1.A.
Goal 5. Increase by 10% the number of students who register to use the SHS secure web portal. Supporting FAU Strategic Plan Goal 1.E.1 and Student Affairs Strategic Plan Goal 1.A.
Goal 6. Increase utilization and fiscal efficiencies of the FAU Pharmacy as demonstrated by increasing by 5% the average number of prescriptions filled per month over last year. Supporting FAU Strategic Plan Goal 1.E.1 and Student Affairs Strategic Plan Goal 1.A and Goal IV.
Goal 7. Create technology/equipment (including software) five-year plan. Supporting FAU Strategic Plan Goal IV. D.1, D.2, D.3, D.5 and Student Affairs Strategic Plan Goal IV.
Annual Report 2013 - 2014
Click Here to Download the full Annual Report
The FAU SHS Annual Report 2013 - 2014 is available for download and printing in PDF Format only.