The Elections Board
This website is designed to give students, at Florida Atlantic University, information about their student privilege and their right to vote at any Student Body Election. We are here to help students whether you want to run for Student Government office, acquire information about voting, or decide you want to volunteer. If you have any questions or would like additional information, our Election Board is ready to serve you.
Meet the staff!
Boca Raton, UN 217
Boca Raton Election Commissioner
Boca Raton, UN 217
Jupiter Elections Commissioner
Jupiter Campus, SR 147D
Broward Elections Commissioner
Davie Campus, SD 218
2014 Elections Will Be Held February 25 - 26
How to Vote:
You can vote by clicking on the vote tab on your myfau student account or at the voting stations provided on your respective campuses.
On Campus Voting Locations:
Boca Raton Campus:
Directly Outside Centre Marketplace
On the Breezeway
Oasis Student Lounge
Student Body Presidential & Gubernatorial Debate
Feb. 20 - 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Barry and Florence Friedberg Lifelong Learning Auditorium
The Gubernatorial Debate will start at 7:30 p.m., followed by the Presidential Debate at 8:30 p.m. This event will be webcast at www.fau.edu/webcast
beginning 20 minutes prior to the debate.
Student Government Elections are done on-line. In preparing the ballots for the on-line election system, we needed to address the unique nature of the distributed campuses at Florida Atlantic University. Here is the criterion used to determine how you will be casting your vote.
- Criteria 1: All students currently registered and paying Activity and Service fees at Florida Atlantic University during the semester in which the election takes place shall be entitled to vote for the Student Body President and Student Body Vice President Ballot.
- Criteria 2: Students who are currently registered and paying Activity and Service fees at Florida Atlantic University during the semester in which the election takes place shall be entitled to vote for that Campus Governor position only at the campus where they accrued a majority of their accumulative credit hours.
- Criteria 3: Students who are currently registered and paying Activities and Service fees and have a 50/50 split in their cumulative credit hour history at two FAU campuses will vote on the Boca Raton Campus Ballot.
- Criteria 4: Students who are taking distance learning courses and courses at the Pine Jog campus will vote on the Boca Raton Campus Ballot.
- Criteria 5: The Harbor Branch students will vote on the Jupiter Campus Ballot.
- Criteria 6: Ft. Lauderdale campus and Davie campus will vote on the Broward Campuses Ballot.
- Criteria 7: Students who are taking classes at a non-FAU site (campus 99) will vote on the Boca Raton Campus Ballot.
If you fall within Criteria 3, 4 & 7 and would like your vote designation reassigned to your preferred campus, please contact your SG Advisor,
prior to voting, by Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 5 pm.
Mr. Terry Mena
FAU SG Advisor
Mr. Ryan Frierson
SG Boca Raton Campus Advisor
Dr. Bill Horstman
SG Broward Campus Advisor
Dr. Elyse Chaplin
SG Northern Campuses Advisor
SR 119 (Jupiter)
2014 Election Forms
Election Board Meeting Minutes
2013 Fall Elections Results
2013 Spring Elections Results
See you at the polls! Go Owls!