FAU’s College of Business to Host Fall 2012 Executive Forum Lecture Series
BOCA RATON, FL (August 13, 2012) - Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business will host its Fall 2012 Executive Forum Lecture Series, sponsored by Bank of America, on Thursdays beginning August 30, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in room 101 in the Office Depot Grand Lecture Hall, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus.
In its 21st year, the Executive Forum series provides FAU students, alumni and the business community exposure to the wealth of knowledge and experience of entrepreneurs and executives from a wide variety of businesses and industries. Each week, the speakers will provide a brief overview of their individual businesses, as well as other professional experiences, followed by a discussion of key issues facing their industries, businesses or the business climate in general. The Executive Forum also is designed to help students focus their career development interests by enabling them to peer inside a vast array of businesses and industries.
The following is the schedule for the lecture series:
- A. Wayne Gill, CEO of Gill Law Firm – August 30
- Vince Pierce, senior vice president of business transformation for Office Depot – September 6
- Venky Gopalaswamy, vice president of strategy, design to value and operations readiness for Johnson & Johnson – September 13
- Michael Yormark, president and COO of Sunrise Sports and Entertainment - September 20 – TBD
- Marv Russell, CEO of Marv Russell & Partners – September 27
- Greg Hanlon, vice president and general manager of FPL Energy Services – October 4
- Joseph J. Incandela, CEO of Cross Country Home Services – October 11
- Dan Cane, founder, president and CEO of Modernizing Medicine – October 18
- Steve Sponder, founder of Vplenish Nutrionals, Inc - October 25
- Tracy Tilson, President of Tilson PR – November 1
- Michael Miller, founder of SellWare, LLC – November 8
- Stephen Brown, former chairman and CEO of John Hancock – November 15
- Rob Rosenweig, entrepreneur and former executive chairman, president and CEO of Anadigics – November 29
The Executive Forum Series is free and open to the public. RSVP online at business.fau.edu/executiveforum beginning the Monday prior to each lecture.
For more information, contact Jessica Aptman at 561-297-0927 or email@example.com.
-FAU-About Florida Atlantic University:
Florida Atlantic University, established in 1961, officially opened its doors in 1964 as the fifth public university in Florida. Today, the University, with an annual economic impact of $6.3 billion, serves more than 29,000 undergraduate and graduate students at sites throughout its six-county service region in southeast Florida. FAU’s world-class teaching and research faculty serves students through 10 colleges: the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters, the College of Business, the College for Design and Social Inquiry, the College of Education, the College of Engineering and Computer Science, the Graduate College, the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College, the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing and the Charles E. Schmidt College of Science. FAU is ranked as a High Research Activity institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The University is placing special focus on the rapid development of three signature themes – marine and coastal issues, biotechnology and contemporary societal challenges – which provide opportunities for faculty and students to build upon FAU’s existing strengths in research and scholarship. For more information, visit www.fau.edu.