FAU Stadium Receives Named Sponsorships
BOCA RATON, FL (July 18, 2011) – The Florida Atlantic University athletics department has secured many named sponsorships for its new on-campus stadium. The University is offering naming rights for more than 30 venues in and around the stadium to help fund the $70 million project.
“The construction of the stadium presents a unique opportunity for donors to receive permanent recognition of their support,” said FAU Athletics Director Craig Angelos. “I sincerely thank all of our naming sponsors for helping us achieve the dream of an on-campus stadium.”
Some of the naming rights that have been secured include (Note, this does not include all named sponsorships.):
• Scoreboard: Schmidt Family Foundation
• Concourse East: The Head Family
• Concourse South: Dr. Steven and Liz Shapiro
• President’s Suite: Eleanor Baldwin
• FAU Locker Room: Dr. Richard Staller
• Director of Athletics Suite: Frank Morphy
• Head Coach Suite: Constance and Robert McGee
• Broadcast Booth: Hoot/Wisdom Recordings in honor of Hank Stern
• Wall of Recognition: JM Family Enterprises, Inc.
• Recognition Plaque: Nancy Blosser
• Recognition Plaque: Barry and Bonnie Halperin
• Concession Area: Michael and Mindy Feldman
• West Ticket Booth: Marleen and Harold Forkas
• East Ticket Booth: Balistreri Realty, Joe and Jim Balistreri
• Lockers: Anthony and Maria Altieri, Anthony Altieri Jr., Ariana Altieri, Dr. Charles L. Brown, Brenda Coto, Justin Dirico (2), Tom Donaudy, Christopher Fluehr, Randy Goin Jr., Nancy Gulker, David Kian, Terry Mohajir, Susan and Don Peirce, Dr. James Riordan, Dr. and Mrs. Peter Sarbone, Jim and Leigh Slowiak, and Bob Stilley
“We truly appreciate the generosity of our naming sponsors and their commitment to the future of FAU Athletics,” said FAU Head Football Coach Howard Schnellenberger. “We also are extremely grateful to the many other supporters who have contributed to the stadium fund by making donations and purchasing premium seating. Every contribution we receive really makes a difference.”
The new stadium will feature 30,000 seats including 24 suites, 26 loge boxes, 1,000 premier club seats and 4,000 priority club seats, and the latest, state-of-the-art amenities. The FAU football team will play five games in the new stadium during the 2011 season. The Owls’ first home game is scheduled for Saturday, October 15.
For more information about the FAU stadium, visit www.fausports.com. For sponsorship opportunities, call 561-297-0131.
-FAU-Florida Atlantic University, established in 1961, officially opened its doors in 1964 as the fifth public university in Florida. In commemoration of its origin, FAU is celebrating its 50th anniversary throughout 2011. Today, the University serves more than 28,000 undergraduate and graduate students on seven campuses and sites. FAU’s world-class teaching and research faculty serves students through 10 colleges: the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts & Letters, the College of Business, the College for Design and Social Inquiry, the College of Education, the College of Engineering & Computer Science, the Graduate College, the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College, the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing and the Charles E. Schmidt College of Science. FAU is ranked as a High Research Activity institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. For more information, visit www.fau.edu.