FAU to Host Watch Party for Republican Presidential Primary Debate
BOCA RATON, FL (January 23, 2008) – Florida Atlantic University will host a watch party for the Republican Presidential Primary Debate on Thursday, January 24, beginning at 6 p.m., at the Barry and Florence Friedberg Lifelong Learning Auditorium, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus. The event will offer ticketed FAU students, faculty and staff an opportunity to watch and discuss the debate together.
The event timeline includes:
- 6 p.m. – block party with food, music and activities
- 7:30 p.m. – doors open to auditorium
- 8 p.m. – pre-program with live entertainment
- 8:45 p.m. – special welcome from FAU President Frank T. Brogan and Student Government President Tony Teixeira
- 9 p.m. – debate broadcast viewing begins
- 10:30 p.m. – post-debate discussion with FAU political experts
- 11 p.m. – Republican presidential candidates are expected to visit watch party
In addition, students, faculty and staff at various campus locations also will gather at remote viewing parties:FAU Boca Raton Residence Halls (for residential students only), 9 p.m. For more information, contact Larry Faerman at 561-297-3903 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FAU Davie LA Building, Student Activities Center (LA 106), 7:30 p.m. For more information, contact Freddie Frage at 954-236-1096 or email@example.com.
- FAU Fort Lauderdale HE Building, Room 607, 9 p.m. For more information, contact Karen Esteves at 954-762-5695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FAU Jupiter, The Burrow, 9 p.m. For more information, contact Laura Aponte at 561-799-8440 or email@example.com.
- FAU Treasure Coast SL Building, Room 106, 8:30 p.m. For more information, contact Jason Davies at 772-873-3443 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The presidential debates will be televised live on MSNBC, and are produced by Leadership Florida, the Florida Press Association and Florida Public Broadcasting Service, Inc. For entrance to the watch party, tickets were distributed through a lottery to FAU students, faculty and staff. Tickets are not required for the viewing parties.
For more information, visit www.fau.edu/debates .
- FAU -