LEGAL NURSE CONSULTANT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Legal nurse consultants bridge the gap between medicine and the judicial system, analyzing important medical information in solving cases. They help interpret and translate the subtleties involved in medical evidence and can play a huge role in case outcomes.
At the completion of the course, you will receive 33 nursing continuing education contact hours that may be used toward state RN licensing renewal.
This course provides you with the fundamental skills necessary to advise law firms, health care providers, insurance companies, risk management departments, and governmental agencies regarding medical issues, and provide testimony in court as expert witnesses.
At the successful conclusion of the program, you will be able to:
- Review medical records, hospital policies and other documents to determine their relevance to a case
- Develop chronologies of medical events and clarify how these events fit into the overall case analysis
- Interview and prepare expert witnesses
- Identify the elements of negligence in a negligence action
- Identify the laws that impact medical malpractice
- Collaborate with legal experts to develop case strategies
Legal Nurse Consultant Certified (LNCC) exam is a discretionary test separate from this course that experienced registered nurses graduating from this class may decide to sit for. LNCC test eligibility requirements are discussed during this training course; however, RNs graduating from this course need not take the LNCC in order to practice as legal nurse consultants.
Admission requirements: Prospective students must complete an application form and submit it along with a copy of RN license and proof of three years of clinical nursing experience.