To enhance our ability to transfer our knowledge and passion to the public, we will focus our informal education and public outreach efforts to create an integrated and sustainable program known as Mission: Ocean Discovery.
This initiative will:
• Provide inspirational educational opportunities for all ages
• Cultivate a population of “marine biologists in training” who enhance and are enriched by Harbor Branch programming through their continued presence and volunteer efforts
• Create a unified identity for current and future informal education and public outreach programming that enhances our ability to attract participants and funding
• Help make the Harbor Branch campus a more accessible community resource that reflects our University’s role as a source of knowledge and education
• Advance ocean literacy and the understanding that every individual can make a positive