Student Fulbright Program at FAU
2013-2014 US. Student Fulbright Program is Now Closed
More information can be found at http://www.fulbrightonline.org .
Early planning will assist those students who wish to work on their projects over the summer months. For more information contact the FAU Fulbright Program Advisor Dr. Meschievitz at email@example.com or 561-297-1039.
What is the U.S. Student Fulbright Program?
The U.S. Student Fulbright Program is designed for:
- Recent BA/BS graduates (or students who will have graduated by the start of the Fulbright)
- Master's and doctoral candidates
- All academic majors, including those in law, business, and other professional fields
- Artists and musicians with a significant amount of professional experience
- Students who want to design their own programs which may include:
- University coursework
- Independent library or field research
- Professional training in the arts and other fields
- Assistant English-teaching
- A combination of these or other projects
- Candidates who have not had recent extensive experience abroad (excluding recent undergraduate study abroad), especially in the country they wish to visit
- Students who seek valuable opportunities to meet, work, and live with the people of another country and share daily experiences
- The promotion of mutual understanding through engagement in the community on a one-to-one basis in an atmosphere of openness, academic integrity, and intellectual freedom
- An appreciation of other’s viewpoints and beliefs, the way they do things, and the way they think, through direct interaction with them on an individual basis in the classroom, field, home, and in daily tasks.
How to get started……
Step One : Visit the Fulbright Website. Students interested in the Fulbright program should visit the “Thinking of Applying” section located on the Fulbright Program home page at http://us.fulbrightonline.org/home.html to learn about all eligibility and program requirements.
Step Two : Contact the Fulbright Program Advisor. Dr. Catherine Meschievitz, Director of the Office of International Programs, is the Student Fulbright Program Advisor (FPA). She is located in the General Classroom South Building, GS 212Q, and can be reached by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 561-297-1039. The FPA advises FAU students on the application process for the for the Fulbright scholarship, and provides early feedback on your academic plans.
: Prepare your on-line application and consult with your academic program advisor, a professor in your major, or the chair of your major to get assistance with and feedback on how best to write a strong proposal. Their guidance, knowledge and expertise will help you craft a well thought out proposal and demonstrate that you have the foundational knowledge necessary to complete the proposal you designed. Additional tips on how to prepare a strong application can be found on the Fulbright web site at: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/preparingapplication.html
Step Four : Apply On-line via the Fulbright web site and review the other types of supporting documents you may need to submit depending on which program you are applying. The online application will notify the FAU Fulbright Program Advisor that you are “in process” of applying. You can save and leave the on-line system as you work on your essays and revise your plans. To apply online visit: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/applynow.html
Step Five : Submit your on-line application nd supporting documents. Once you hit the “submit” button, it will be sent to the FPA to arrange for the second stage of the process, the on campus interview. Be sure to print your application, prior to hitting submit, for your records.
Step Six : Prepare for your interview. All candidates will be interviewed by a committee of FAU faculty and administrators. The dates and time of your interview will be emailed to you in advance so you can prepare. After the interview you will have a chance to revise the application if you want, and then submit it once again on-line in time for the deadline. The FPA advisor will help you at this final stage of the process. For more information regarding the selection process please visit: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/applynow_selectionfactors.html
Campus Deadline: September
Final Deadline: October
Notification of the Fulbright award is sent directly to the recipient.