First published in 1992, FACS is dedicated to the promotion of scholarship that bridges two or more academic disciplines or modes of intellectual inquiry, including different languages and cultures. FACS accepts submissions on a year-round basis, and also puts out a yearly Call for Papers on a specific theme. Papers are currently being accepted on the theme of “Remaking Reality: Eroding the Palimpsest.” (Click here for the current Call for Papers.) Recent special issues include Narratives of Ending (Volume 7: 2004-2005), Coding the Human (Volume 6: 2003), and Catastrophes of Representation (Volume 8: forthcoming).
Guidelines for Submissions:
1. FACS encourages submissions from young scholars.
2. Articles in English, French, German, Italian, or Spanish are welcome.
3. Manuscripts should not exceed 25 pages in double-spaced typescript, and should follow the most recent MLA guidelines.
4. The author’s name, address, and affiliation should appear on a separate cover sheet, and not on any of the manuscript pages.
5. Please submit two hard copies of the manuscript, as well as a disk or CD version, preferably in Microsoft Word 6.0 or plain text format.
6. Book reviews, of 1,500 to 2,000 words in length, should follow the above specifications.
Please send submissions and inquiries to:
Department of Languages, Linguistics, and Comparative Literature
Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters
Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991
Tel: (561) 297-3860
Free to FAU students.