MissionGeneral Accounting is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the integrity of the University's accounting system. This includes the maintenance of the chart of accounts and the review of the general ledger.
General Accounting is also responsible for monitoring budget activity and auxiliary operations, reporting financial activity, and monitoring payroll distributions.
General Accounting is responsible for:
- Preparation of financial statements
- Coordination and participation in the year end Audit with the State Auditors
- Preparation of monthly closings
- Journal entries
- Maintaining the general ledger
- Accounting for fixed assets, including depreciation
- Tax - Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT)
- Financial Information Reporting - Tuition Payment Statement - 1098T and Miscellaneous Income - 1099