School of Social Work Application Procedures

What  items do I have to complete to apply for the MSW program?

  • A completed University application (online)
  • Residency form (online)
  • $30 application fee
  • Student Immunization form (if you are not an FAU graduate)
  • School of Social Work application (Online)
  • Personal statement (Online)
  • Three School of Social Work reference forms (Online)
  • One official transcript

Apply Online

When do I need to have everything in?

The deadline is May 1.

Who should I use for a reference?

Your references should be either academic or professional sources. We do not accept personal references. Professional references include supervisors/managers, volunteer coordinators, or co-workers. Academic sources include professors (at the college level) or advisors.

What should be in the personal statement and how long should it be?

Directions for the personal statement are in the online application. There are specific questions you will need to address.

When can I start the program?

Students start courses in the fall only. Advanced standing students may be able to take electives over the summer.

Frequently Asked Questions

Click Here for answers to a list of frequently asked questions regarding the MSW application process.

For any questions regarding the Master of Social Work degree program, please contact Myroslava Skoroden (Graduate Advisor) at (561) 297-4137, Dr. Elwood Hamlin (Program Coordinator) at 561-297-2864 or Sherry Weinschenk (Instructor/Faculty Liaison) at 561-297-0073. You may also request more information by filling out the form found here. Someone will contact you within 48 hours.


Content Last Updated on: October 18, 2013
All Pages maintained by College Webmaster