Career Advising involves brief immediate assistance provided by paraprofessionals with an emphasis on information giving and receiving.
The FAU Career Center has same-day career advising hours which do not require an appointment*. Career advising is a consultation with a career advisor on any related career concern(s):
- Choosing a major and/or career path
- Co-op & internship program
- Resume & cover letter critique
- Salary negotiations
- Interviewing tips
- Applying to Graduate school
- Information about the FAU Professional Mentor program
- General occupational information
Career advisors are available for same-day career advising:
Boca Raton Campus:
Mondays - Thursdays from 1 - 4 p.m. in SU 220.
Wednesday & Thursdays from 1 - 3 p.m. in LA 109
To schedule an appointment, call 561-297-3533, although walk-ins can often be accommodated.
*This service is on a first come, first served basis.