BECOME A FACILITATOR
Student Price $50 | Member Price $90 | Non-Member Price $150
The FAU Ropes Challenge Course currently offers a 40-hour training at the beginning of each fall and spring semester. It covers the essentials of facilitation; enabling participants to conduct a safe, complete, effective, experiential ropes/challenge course program. Topics will be taught by various facilitators in the south Florida area. The final day of training typically ends with the trainees facilitating a program they designed for an outside group. Cost includes required books and supplemental training materials.
Upon completion of the training, participants will have the opportunity to apply for a facilitator position at the FAU Challenge Course.
- Learning AND presenting initiatives effectively
- Managing groups as they execute the challenges
- Processing methods once the event is complete
- Sequencing, program planning and revising those plans after a group's arrival
- Ice breakers and final wrap up/completion techniques
- A complete, safe, high ropes training will be a part of the workshop, with the emphasis, after safety, being on blending the climbing elements with the entire day so the climbs are tools in a complete program
This workshop will meet the following dates/times on the Challenge Course
- September 18: 5:00 - 8:00 PM
- September 20: 5:00 - 8:00 PM
- September 21: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- September 22: Noon - 6:00 PM
- September 25: 5:00 - 8:00 PM
- September 27: 5:00 - 8:00 PM
- September 28: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
September 29: Noon - 6:00 PM
October 5: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Attend to the recruitment session on July 16th or 17th at 6:45 pm in the Alumni Center for more information. Registration for this course is open on July 1st.