Requirements for an Undergraduate Certificate in Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies (WGSS)
WHAT COURSES DO I NEED?
Choose ONE from the 4 courses listed below:-
Introduction to Women’s Studies (WST 2010) OR
Introduction to Sexuality and Gender (WST 2608) OR
Feminist Perspectives on Gender (WST 3315/3930) OR
Sex and Gender in American Culture (WST 3640)
- Three core courses from a selected list
- One elective course from a selected list
TOTAL – 5 courses / 15 credits
WHO MAY RECEIVE AN UNDERGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN WOMEN, GENDER & SEXUALITY STUDIES
- Any student who fulfills the requirements with a grade of “C” or better AND
- Has completed an undergraduate degree AND
- Has completed the necessary application form
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE CERTIFICATE?
- The application forms can be found either outside of the Center's Office (SO 383, Boca Raton campus) , from your WGSS professor, or
HOW IS THE UNDERGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN WOMEN, GENDER & SEXUALITY STUDIES RECOGNIZED?
- The Undergraduate Certificate in Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies is included on the transcript of all qualifying graduates.
- Successful students participate in the Center's Graduation Ceremony in the Spring of each year.