Requirements for an Undergraduate Certificate in Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
WHO MAY RECEIVE AN UNDERGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN WOMEN, GENDER & SEXUALITY STUDIES?
- Any student who fulfills the requirements with a grade of “C” or better AND
- Has completed an undergraduate degree AND
- Has completed the necessary application form
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE WGSS CERTIFICATE?
- The application forms can be found either outside of the Center's Office (SO 383, Social Sciences Building, Boca Raton campus), from your WGSS professor, or online.
HOW IS THE UNDERGRADUATE WGSS CERTIFICATE RECOGNIZED?
- The Undergraduate WGSS Certificate is included on the transcript of all qualifying graduates.
- Successful students participate in the Center's Graduation Ceremony in the Spring of each year.
WHAT COURSES DO I NEED?
Choose ONE from the 4 courses listed below:
Introduction to Women’s Studies (WST 2010) OR
Introduction to Sexuality and Gender (WST 2608) OR
Feminist Perspectives on Gender (WST 3315/3930) OR
Sex and Gender in American Culture (WST 3640)
- Three core courses from a selected list
- One elective course from a selected list
- TOTAL – 5 courses / 15 credits