What is Volunteering?
Volunteering is the actions taken to meet needs of others and better the community as a whole.
- Establish community relationships with many organizations
- Make a difference in your community
- Have hours recorded on your transcripts for future employers, and/or professional or graduate school applications
- Meet new people
- Explore Careers
- Gain experience in your career field
- Become eligible for nationwide scholarships and on-campus awards
- Create memories with friends and make someone happy
Recording Volunteer Hours
For the academic year 2012-2013, students are required to complete the following:
- The Spring 2013 deadline is Friday, April 19. The Summer 2013 deadline is Friday, July 26. You must submit your logs by the deadlines in order for your hours to go on your transcript for that semester. The hours will be reported to the Registrar's office for posting to your official transcript - a benefit for your future employment or professional/graduate school enrollment.
- Fillable paper Volunteer Logs are available here: vOWLnteer Log
- After submitting your volunteer hours, complete an electronic Volunteer Survey on your volunteer experience.