Upsilon Pi Epsilon
Honor Society for the Computing and Information Disciplines
Florida Beta Chapter at Florida Atlantic University
Upsilon Pi Epsilon is the only international Computer Science honor society. It was founded at Texas A&M University in 1967 and is a service organization comprised of graduate and undergraduate students from Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Computer Information Systems departments. Faculty, alumni and honororary members may also be inducted.
The goal of UPE is to acknowledge scholarship and professionalism in students and faculty.
Endorsements and Affiliation
Upsilon Pi Epsilon is the first and only, existing international honor society in the Computing and Information Disciplines. It has received endorsements from the two largest computer organizations in the world, the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and the IEEE Computer Society (IEEE-CS).
UPE is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS).
Benefits of Joining
- Awards Certificates of Commendation and Membership.
- Qualifies for scholarship award nominations.
- Provides a free year of ACM society membership and publications.
- Qualifies for ordering and wearing special graduation regala.
- Qualifies for wearing the UPE label pin.