Welcome to "OARS"
Florida Atlantic University's Freshmen
Online Advising & Resource System
“OARS” is a self-directed system . You may be a little nervous about choosing classes on your own, but DON'T WORRY! Help is always just a phone call or mouse click away, and the instructions are very user-friendly. When you log in to select your courses, you will find:
- A brief description of the course when you click on the subject.
- A sample class schedule for your major.
(Almost) Everything You Need to Know About OARS
Is OARS the same as Registration?
- OARS is NOT registration. OARS is Academic ADVISING.
Do I have to wait until Orientation to do OARS?
- Nope. You can and should complete OARS before you attend Orientation.
Do I have to complete ALEKS before completing OARS?
Taking ALEKS before you complete OARS is not mandatory, but is strongly recommended. If you take ALEKS after you complete OARS, contact the academic advisor who approved your OARS form with your ALEKS score so they can advise you accordingly.
I would like to change my major. How do I do that?
- If you would like to change your major and you have NOT yet registered for courses, you will need to complete the following Change of Major form (click here to access form), sign it, and return it to the Office of the Registrar.
- If you would like to change your major and you have ALREADY registered for courses, you will need to complete the following Change of Major form (click here to access form), sign it, contact/meet with your academic advisor, and return it to the Office of the Registrar.
What do I do if I change my major after submitting my OARS form?
- Contact your the academic advisor who approved your OARS form. They will help you make the necessary changes.
I don't know what classes to choose on OARS, what if I make bad choices?
- If you have reservations about choosing your classes, simply follow the sample schedule provided in OARS, choosing courses from the recommended categories. When you submit your proposed classes an academic advisor will review your course selections, approve them and/or make recommendations for changes or alternate classes.
I would like to resubmit my OARS form. How do I do that?
- You will need to contact Freshman Academic Advising so they can reset your OARS form. 561-297-3064.
How do I know who my Academic Advisor is?
- You will be assigned an academic advisor when your OARS is submitted. His/Her name and email will appear on your OARS from once you log back in.
It takes three (3) to five (5) business days to process your submitted OARS form. After three to five business days, log back into OARS to review your advisor's comments. If your holds are cleared and your course selections are in sync with your advisors, you may now log into MyFAU to register for classes. That's all there is to it!
If you have questions along the way, there are tutorials in PDF and Video formats available to you, or you can contact us at email@example.com or by telephone at (561) 297-3064.
Participation in the OARS process DOES NOT exempt you from attending the university's MANDATORY Orientation program.
The Freshman Online Advising & Resource System
(OARS) is now OPEN
CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE STEP 1
FIRST SEMESTER ONLINE ADVISING
Click the video(s) below if you would like an
overview of the OARS process
(Flash Player Required to view Flash video below)
iPad / iPhone /
||Windows Media Player|
|Click Here to Open Video||Click Here to Open Video|