The Associate of Arts (AA) Degree is awarded through University Advising Services to students who have:
- satisfied the Intellectual Foundations Program Curriculum requirements (or General Education requirements, if appropriate) at FAU;
- completed at least 60 semester hours of course work;
- completed at least 40 semester hours of those 60 semester hours at the lower division (1000 - 2000 level);
- completed at least 30 of the 60 semester hours at the lower division in residence at FAU;
- completed the last 12 semester hours in residence (courses taken at FAU);
- satisfied the requirements of the Gordon Rule (see catalog), and
- earned at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA at FAU.
Students interested in receiving an AA Degree and who are completing or have completed all requirements listed at the following links:
Students must officially submit an application to University Advising Services, SU 201. Additionally, the AA Degree will not be awarded in the same semester that the Baccalaureate Degree is awarded or in any semester following the completion of the Baccalaureate Degree, and students cannot be awarded an AA Degree with a grade of incomplete " I" on their FAU record (please refer to Incomplete Policy within the University Catalog).
Students may not apply for an AA Degree in the same semester in which the baccalaureate degree is being awarded. Additionally, students must earn a minimum of 30 credits at the lower division at FAU prior to earning the AA.
Also, incoming students with 40 or more credits earned are not eligible for the AA Degree at FAU.
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS DEGREE APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINES
|FALL 2017||SEPTEMBER 8, 2017|
|SPRING 2017||JANUARY 27, 2017|
|SUMMER 2017||JUNE 2, 2017|
Click here for the AA Degree application
(Adobe Acrobat Reader Needed)
Please print clearly and fax the form to University Advising Services 561.297.3132.