General Knowledge (GK) Math Exam:The TestSince 1980, Florida teacher certification candidates have been required to pass the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE),which has consisted of tests in reading, writing, mathematics, and professional knowledge. The 1986 Florida Legislature modified the testing program by also requiring teacher candidates to pass a test in the subject area in which they wish to be certified.
GK Math Test Preparation: Our Course - $149
(Also offers support for GRE, GMAT, & TEASE Math Sections)
The General Knowledge Math Review Course has been developed to prepare students for the Florida Teacher Certification Exam GK Math test. The course includes a review of basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry and measurement, probability and statistics, word problems, and finally, test taking strategies, such as pacing and process of elimination, are provided to the students of this course. The course includes 15 hours of instruction and meets twice per week in the evenings from 7:00pm to 10:00pm.
- Review of fundamental math, including: Arithmetic, Number Theory, Exponents, Percentages, Decimals, Ratios, and Proportions
- Review of Algebra, including: Linear & Quadratic Equations, Graphs, and Functions
- Review of basic Geometry, including: Lines & Angles, Triangles, Circles, Four-Sided Figures, and Measurement
- Review of basic Statistics, including: Mean, Median, Mode, Probability, and Data Interpretation
- Test-taking Strategies
- You can repeat any GK Math Review Course for the reduced fee of $49 (within one year of the last GK Math course attended).
Math Review for Standardized Tests (2 nd Edition, CliffsNotes TestPrep) ISBN# 978-0-470-50077-4 (Available at the FAU bookstore or any local bookstore).
FAU TEST PREP GUARANTEE
You can repeat a GK Math Test Preparation course to further elevate your test scores for an administrative fee of $49 within one year of the last GK course attended. If you are a returning student, and would like to repeat a course, simply call our office - 561.297.1260 for instructions.
You can register for any course online by clicking on the "Course Schedule" button below, and then selecting the course option that meets your schedule. FAU Test Prep accepts all major credit / debit cards.
Please notify us by phone or email at least 48 hours before the course begins if you must cancel a course. You will receive a full refund minus a $15 processing fee for each course. If less than 48 hours' notice is given, you will be charged a $40 processing fee for each course. No cancellations will be accepted AFTER a course begins. If a course is cancelled by us for any reason, you will receive a full refund.