General Knowledge (GK) Exam Review:The TestSince 1980, Florida teacher certification candidates have been required to pass the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE),which has consisted of tests in reading, writing, mathematics, and professional knowledge. The 1986 Florida Legislature modified the testing program by also requiring teacher candidates to pass a test in the subject area in which they wish to be certified.
GK Test Preparation: Math Review Course - $149
(Also offers support for GRE, GMAT, & TEASE Math Sections)
The General Knowledge Math Review Course has been developed to prepare students for the Florida Teacher Certification Exam GK Math test. The course includes a review of basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry and measurement, probability and statistics, word problems, and finally, test taking strategies, such as pacing and process of elimination, are provided to the students of this course. The course includes 15 hours of instruction and meets twice per week in the evenings from 7:00pm to 10:00pm, or on Saturday mornings from 9:00am to Noon.
- Review of fundamental math, including: Arithmetic, Number Theory, Exponents, Percentages, Decimals, Ratios, and Proportions
- Review of Algebra, including: Linear & Quadratic Equations, Graphs, and Functions
- Review of basic Geometry, including: Lines & Angles, Triangles, Circles, Four-Sided Figures, and Measurement
- Review of basic Statistics, including: Mean, Median, Mode, Probability, and Data Interpretation
- Test-taking Strategies
- You can repeat any GK Math Review Course for the reduced fee of $49 (within one year of the last GK Math course attended).
GK Test Preparation: Verbal Review Course - $149
The General Knowledge Verbal Review Course has been developed to prepare students for the English, Reading, and Essay sections of the FTCE General Knowledge (GK) Test. The course includes a review of grammar, reading comprehension, and composition skills, and provides test taking strategies, such as pacing and process of elimination.The course includes 15 hours of instruction and meets twice per week in the evenings from 6:00pm to 9:00pm, or on Saturday mornings from 9:00am to Noon.
- Review of fundamental Grammar, Sentence Construction, Punctuation, Rhetoric, and Diction
- Review of Reading Comprehension skills and techniques
- Review of Essay writing skills and templates
- Review of key verbal test-taking strategies: e.g. Pacing & Process of Elimination
- You can repeat any GK Verbal Review Course for the reduced fee of $49 (within one year of the last GK Verbal course attended).
GK Math Review Course: Math Review for Standardized Tests (2nd Edition, CliffsNotes TestPrep) ISBN# 978-0-470-50077-4. GK Verbal Review Course: FTCE General Knowledge Test (2nd Edition, CliffsNotes Test Prep) ISBN# 978-1-118-01804-0. (Available at the FAU bookstore or any local bookstore)
FAU TEST PREP GUARANTEE
You can repeat a GK Test Preparation course to further elevate your test scores for an administrative fee of $49 within one year of the last full fee GK course attended. Additionally, $100 of the Math Review fee may be deducted from the cost of a full fee GRE or GMAT course taken subsequent to the Math Review. Students must attend all classes to be eligible for these discounts. If you are a returning student, and would like to take advantage of this discount, simply call our office - 561.297.0995 for instructions.
You can register for any course online by clicking on the "Course Schedule" button below, and then selecting the course option that meets your schedule. FAU Test Prep accepts all major credit / debit cards.
Please notify us by phone or email at least 48 hours before the course begins if you must cancel a course. You will receive a full refund minus a $15 processing fee for each course. If less than 48 hours' notice is given, you will be charged a $40 processing fee for each course. No cancellations will be accepted AFTER a course begins. If a course is cancelled by us for any reason, you will receive a full refund.