The MacArthur Campus in Jupiter is proud to provide a wide variety of recreational opportunities for students of all abilities and interests. The Office of Student Involvement and Leadership, in collaboration with Campus Recreation, encourages healthy living and wellness activities.
Open Recreation Sports:
Open recreation team sports are played daily on the multipurpose field on campus, weather permitting . All skill levels are encouraged to participate in open recreation. These sports include quidditch, volleyball, basketball, flag football, soccer and ultimate Frisbee.
Student Government arranges for FREE gym memberships for MacArthur Campus based students during the main academic year (excluding summer terms). Jupiter Fitness Center is located right off Indiantown Road approximately 3 minutes East of I-95 directly behind the Quarterdeck Restaurant. If you're interested in obtaining a membership fill out the Gym Membership Form 2014-2015 and return it to the Front Desk in The Burrow SR-151. For more information on gym memberships contact Campus Recreation at 561-799-8451 or visit us in The Burrow SR-151.
Intramural leagues have previously participated in ultimate Frisbee, flag football, soccer, and volleyball. These leagues are open to all skill level but provide an environment in which competitive competition can occur.
Jupiter Campus Recreation &The Student Involvement & Leadership office sponsor various activities throughout the year. Some past events have included the following activities, Faculty/Staff vs. Student Softball Game, Bike Trips, Health and Wellness Fair, Bowling, Paintball Trip, Catamaran Trip and Laser Tag Event.
On-Campus Recreational Facilities
Recreation Fields Rules and Regulations:
1. In order to use the Jupiter Campus Rec Fields you must obtain a Facility Reservation Application from for the Department of Campus Recreation.
2. Unauthorized use of the facility is prohibited and considered TRESPASSING.
3. FAU Owl cards may be verified at any time by the Campus Recreation staff, the FAU Police Department and/or other University staff.
4. Pets, golfing, glass products, alcoholic beverages, smoking, and smokeless tobacco are not permitted on the fields. Bikes must be placed in designated racks.
5. Vehicle traffic other than golf carts designed for maintenance is prohibited.
6. Any person engaging in disorderly or unsportsmanlike conduct shall be removed by the Campus Recreation staff, FAU PD and/or other University officials.
7. Facility is to be used as designed. Activities deemed dangerous, improper or that violate the designated/intended use are prohibited.
8. Goals and other equipment can only be moved by the Campus Recreation staff.
9. Any event that would like to serve food must contact Chartwell’s for catering information. Bringing in off campus food or another vendor is prohibited.
10. Please be courteous and place trash in appropriate containers.
11. Any misuse or vandalism of the Jupiter Campus Rec Fields or equipment should be reported immediately to Campus Recreation staff or called in to FAU Police Department at (561) 339-0015.
12. Users are responsible for their own safety while using the Jupiter Campus Recreation Fields and assume all risks associated with outdoor recreation activities.
Hours change each semester and are posted at the pool and The Burrow, SR-151 to check on the current schedule. The pool deck has tables and chairs as well as a hammock and brand new patio loungers. Special events are held at the pool throughout the year. Watch for announcements regarding special events at the pool.
The Recreation Fields are located behind the SR building. This is where open recreation and pick-up games occur. Soccer goals can be moved around depending on the game, and the field is lined by Campus Recreation. The fields consist of real field grass, and are maintained year round.
These courts are located adjacent from the recreation fields. All three courts are lighted by timers to allow evening play. Benches are available, and showers are provided in the pool locker rooms.
Tennis rackets & balls, basketballs, frisbees, and soccer balls and more are available for check-out at The Burrow, SR 151, just bring your FAU Owl Card.
Off Campus Recreational Opportunities
Local Recreation Vendors:
The FAU MacArthur Campus provides FREE memberships to the U.S. Sailing Center of Martin County for FAU students. Sailing classes are held every Saturday from 1-3 pm at the sailing center for beginners and advanced sailors. From campus, it’s also a short drive or easy bike ride to Juno Beach. Several local and state parks, such as Jonathan Dickinson Park and Jupiter Outdoor Center are located nearby as well. There are numerous 5K and other races in the area. Located within a few miles of campus are a bowling alley, golf course, skate park, playgrounds, jogging trails, tennis and racquetball courts. As an FAU student, you also have access to the Boca Raton campus recreation facilities as well. Additionally, there are plenty of FAU sporting events. For specific information please visit FAU Athletics .
Walking & Running Routes:
Walking and running are great forms of cardiovascular exercise! Take advantage of the beautiful campus and the local surroundings by going out for a jog or taking a walk with a friend. Check out these links to discover some measured walking/running routes around the Jupiter Campus, or create and track your very own!