Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD)
The OSD staff on the John D. MacArthur campus provides students with documented disabilities the academic support services and accommodations they need to give them equal access to all the academic programs at Florida Atlantic University (FAU).
Registration with the OSD is not mandatory; however, students must register with the OSD in order to receive authorized academic accommodations from the University.
Academic accommodations are based on the disability documentation students registering with the office are required to submit. These accommodations are provided to support students in achieving academic success at the University as well as to assist them in developing the necessary compensatory skills they will need to be successful in their life after graduation.
Some of our comprehensive support services include:
- Assistive Technology software training
- Liaison to faculty and staff
- Note takers/audio record classes
- Exam adaptations and time extensions
- Professor Notification
- Equipment loan
- Classroom materials in alternate formats
- Sign language interpreters
- Study strategies training
- Access to campus buildings, classrooms, labs and other resources
- Scholarships (Applications available in the Spring Semester)