MA in Communication Studies:
Application & Admission Requirements
Applications for graduate study must be submitted online and are available on the Graduate College website. Deadlines for submitting completed applications are July 1st for Fall admission (April 1st for international applicants), November 1st for Spring Admission (October 1st for international students), and March 1st for all applicants interested in obtaining a teaching assistantship. We do not admit students to the graduate program in the summer. Further information about the program and assistantships can be acquired by contacting the Graduate Program Coordinator, Dr. Fred Fejes.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 3.0 grade point average in the last 60 undergraduate credit hours attempted.
- Applicants must submit with the application a 500-word typewritten statement of their goals, aspirations and reasons for seeking the M.A. in Communication.
- International applicants must also meet the additional requirements listed elsewhere in this catalog.
- Submission of two (2) letters of recommendation from sources qualified to evaluate the applicant’s preparation for graduate study. Academic recommendations are preferred.
- Students need not have an undergraduate specialization in communication to apply for the M.A. program.