The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
Florida Atlantic University is seeking reaffirmation of accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). This process is already underway and will be finalized in 2013. As part of this process, a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) will propose the enhancement of educational quality at FAU beyond 2013. This plan will focus on supporting student learning and on accomplishing the mission of our university.
The QEP plan should demonstrate the following:
- Be based on a well demonstrated institutional need, derived from data
- Focus on learning outcomes and/or the environmental supporting student learning. The QEP topic(s) also must relate to and promote the institutional mission.
- Demonstrate that the institution has the resources (financial, instructional, or other) needed for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP.
- Include broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and implementation of the QEP.
- Have well defined goals and a plan to assess their achievement.
QEP Topic Selected:
Expanding the Culture of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry