What do I need to provide to prove my claim for Florida residency?
Every student who wishes to be considered for Florida residency must have a completed Residency Classification Form on file that is filled out and signed by the claimant.
The claimant must provide documentation proving both legal ties and physical presence in the state of Florida. Documents must be dated / issued at least 12 months before the first day of the semester for which Florida residency is sought. The claimant must demonstrate the establishment of a bona fide domicile in Florida and absence of legal ties to another state. No single document is conclusive.
Documents showing legal ties to Florida: (at least 2 documents from this list)
- Florida Driver's License
- Florida Voter's Registration Card
- Florida Vehicle Registration
- Florida Vehicle Title
- Florida Professional or Occupational License
- Florida Incorporation
- Benefit Histories from Florida Agencies or Public Assistance Programs
Documents showing physical presence in Florida:
- Lease Agreement
- Utility Bills and proof of 12 consecutive months of payments
- Declaration of Domicile
- Proof of Purchase of a Permanent Home in Florida that is occupied as primary residence
- Proof of Permanent Full-Time Employment