Florida Residency Guidelines
- Residency for tuition purposes
- What are the Basic Requirements for Florida Residency?
- How do I determine if I'm a dependent student or an independent student?
- How do I prove financial independence?
- Who is my "claimant"?
- What do I need to provide to prove my claim for Florida residency?
- Special Categories
- I am a Non-U.S Citizen. Do I qualify as Florida Resident for Tuition Purposes
- Important things to know about establishing Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Appeal Procedures
- College of Medicine Student
I am married to a person who has maintained legal residence in Florida for at least 12 months. I have established legal residence and Florida is my permanent home.
I am a member of the armed services of the United States and I am stationed in Florida on active military duty pursuant to military orders, or whose home of record is Florida, or I am a member's spouse or dependent child.
- According to the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, I am a permanent resident alien or other legal alien granted indefinite stay and I have maintained a domicile in Florida for at least 12 months.
- I am a full-time instructional or administrative employee of a Florida public school, community college, or institution of higher education, or I am the employee's spouse or dependent child.
I am part of the Latin American / Caribbean Scholarship program.
I am a qualified beneficiary under the terms of the Florida Pre-Paid Post-Secondary Expense Program.
I am a dependent person who has resided for five years with an adult relative other than my parent / legal guardian and my relative has maintained legal residence in Florida for at least 12 months.
- I was previously enrolled at a Florida state institution and classified as a Florida resident for tuition purposes. I abandoned my Florida domicile less than 12 months ago and I am now re-establishing Florida legal residence.
I am living on the Isthmus of Panama and have completed 12 consecutive months of college at the FSU Panama Canal Branch or I am the student's spouse or dependent child.
I am a Southern Regional Education Board's Academic Common Market graduate student.
I am a full-time employee of a state agency or political subdivision of the state whose student fees are paid by the state agency or political subdivision for the purpose of job-related law enforcement or correction training.
I am a McKnight Fellowship recipient.
I am an active member of Florida National Guard who qualifies under Florida Statutes s.250.10(7) and (8) for tuition assistance.