FAU 2012 QEP - Distinction through Discovery
FAU Quality Enhancement Plan Kickoff
"FAU 2012 QEP - Distinction through Discovery" - Spotlight
The Quality Enhancement Plan
Florida Atlantic University is seeking reaffirmation of accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). This process is already underway and will be finalized in 2013. As part of this process, a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) will propose the enhancement of educational quality at FAU beyond 2013. This plan will focus on supporting student learning and on accomplishing the mission of our university.
The QEP plan should demonstrate the following:
- Be based on a well demonstrated institutional need, derived from data
- Focus on learning outcomes and/or the environmental supporting student learning. The QEP topic(s) also must relate to and promote the institutional mission.
- Demonstrate that the institution has the resources (financial, instructional, or other) needed for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP.
- Include broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and implementation of the QEP.
- Have well defined goals and a plan to assess their achievement.
Distinction through Discovery
The overall QEP topic that was chosen at FAU is Undergraduate Research and Inquiry. The primary aim of FAU’s QEP is to integrate and expand a culture of research, inquiry and creative activity into our programs here through curricular, co-curricular and honors initiatives.
Faculty, staff and students are currently developing this plan. We established 4 sub-committees: Honors, Curricular, Co-curricular and Student Culture. These sub-committees have established a plan, prioritizing specific items for implementation.
Honors Sub-committee: Dr. Jeffrey Buller
Curricular Sub-committee: Dr. Jennifer Peluso
Student culture Sub-committee: Mr. Joshua Scholl
**Content for this website was adapted from University of Central Florida's QEP website
Our office is currently located on the Boca Raton campus in General Classrooms South bldg. (GS), Suite 209