Effective November 1st, 1999, Registrations and Organizational Memberships may be processed using a university issued pCard VISA Card. While this is the preferred method of payment, Purchasing will continue to accept requisitions as well. As always, please ensure that these, and all other charges, are appropriate expenditures on your default pCard account and that you have the proper departmental approval, as required. The following guidelines shall apply:
- pCard Cardholders may place registrations directly with the organization either in person, by phone, fax, Internet or by mailing the registration form. The VISA account number should be properly indicated on the form.
- A copy of the registration form will serve as the receipt and should be forwarded immediately to the area Approver. Each registration form must include the name of the conference, the date(s), the person(s) attending and Personnel Z #(s), conference location and cost.
- A "Benefit to State" justification shall be written and sent to the Approver along with the registration form. This justification, along with the registration form, shall constitute a "receipt" and be retained by the area Approver for a period of five (5) years.
- Approver Note : Approvers must enter the Cardholder's Personnel Z # in the sub-vendor line. Use object code 261090 for registrations that are in-state and 262090 for out-of-state. Group registrations may be charged to a single card provided the individual participants are broken down by line and there is a name and Personnel Z # for each in the description field. Be sure to retain the benefit to state and registration form as your receipt.
Organizational Memberships & Dues:
- Florida statutes require that public funds not be used for dues to any association, group or organization the records of which are not open for inspection by any Florida citizen. Therefore, before a membership can be placed, it is the responsibility of the Cardholder to secure an "open records letter" from the organization. A blank open records form letter can be obtained from www.fau.edu/purchasing/open_rec.php . You are encouraged to check with the Purchasing Department first to determine if such a document is already on file, and can be obtained internally. To do so, please contact Purchasing at x7-3080. Note that membership dues can not be placed until you are in receipt of the above.
- Membership dues and/or renewal forms may then be placed directly with the organization in person, by phone, fax, Internet or by mailing the appropriate payment form. The membership form must indicate group, departmental or organizational membership unless an individual membership is available at a lower cost and is desired. The following documents shall serve as the pCard receipt and must be forwarded to the area Approver immediately upon the payment of membership dues:
Completed membership form
Open Records Letter
Benefit to State (see Registrations above)
- Approver Note: Use object code 493040 for organizational memberships. If you are approving an individual membership, use 493000. Be sure to retain the open records letter and benefit to state with your membership form as receipt.