Call 911 for Emergency
Clery Act Statistics
Don't walk alone on Campus at night.
RecruitmentCLASS TITLE: Law Enforcement Officer
TYPE OF WORK: This is work performing university sworn law enforcement duties.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (not all inclusive):
- Patrols assigned area(s) to insure the personal safety of the university populace and to provide protection and security to facilities.
- Directs traffic.
- Investigates accidents, complaints, disturbances, and law violations by interviewing complainants, suspects, and witnesses; secures incident area; and collects and preserves evidence.
- Pursues, apprehends, and arrests law violators and suspected law violators.
- Issues traffic warnings and citations.
- Controls crowds during special events, catastrophes, riots, and demonstrations.
- Provides armed escort for university monies.
Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes, and have one year of law enforcement experience. Two years of military or other appropriate experience may substitute for the required one year of law enforcement experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/ technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Out of state certifications are accepted through comparative compliance.
Applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department of Florida Atlantic University. Applications can only be accepted for open positions. The Police Department does not directly accept applications or resumes. Questions about the position may be directed to Deputy Chief Sean Brammer.
Once applications are received from human resources select candidates will follow through with:
- a 5 person oral board interview
- Background investigation
- Polygraph examination
- Physical Agility test
- Physician's physical
- Urinalysis drug screening
- Final Chief's Interview
Officers must be certified prior to applying for posted positions. Out of state certifications are accepted, and FAUPD will sponsor your attendance in the comparative compliance course.