Chastain-Johnston Middle East Grant Program
This grant program is made possible by a generous donation in
the form of an endowment by Thomas Chastain.
The Peace Studies Program welcomes grant proposals relating to
Middle Eastern studies from programs, departments, faculty, and
graduate students for any of the following categories of
- Program Enhancement.
- Curriculum Development.
- Guest Speakers.
- Research Grants.
Applicants should submit three (3) copies the following
materials to Jeffrey S. Morton, Director of Peace Studies, for
consideration by the Peace Studies Executive Committee:
- Letter of application (including project title, participants,
- Abstract of proposal,
- Detailed budget,
- Evaluation of impact of activity, including:
* departments, programs, faculty, students impacted,
* expected turnout for public events,
* curriculum and program enhancement expected.
- Time-line of project, and
- Curriculum vitae of involved individuals.