Abstract Deadline: January 15th, 2016
Application Deadline: EXTENDED to February 19th, 2016
Registration Deadline: January 15th, 2016
The FAU School of Communication and Multimedia Studies is hosting several colloquia throughout the semester. Speakers include Dr. Gerald Sim and Olympia Kiriakou, a Ph.D. candidate from Kings College London. For more information, click here.
Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ)
The Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal that is published annually. The FAURJ is published online and in print by OURI's student club, the Council for Scholarship and Inquiry (C.S.I.). Its missions are to showcase high quality undergraduate research in all fields, supply younger students with an idea of the standard of research, and promote inquiry-based activities at FAU. The journal can be viewed on the nationally recognized, Council on Undergraduate Research website.
Each Spring FAURJ accepts manuscript submissions for the newest volume. The extended deadline for submission is Monday, May 29, 2015. The newest volume of the FAURJ is published each year in March prior to the annual Undergraduate Research Symposium.
FAURJ 2015-2016 Cover Design Contest
Looking for pieces to add to your portfolio? Each year, students at FAU have the option to submit a design for the FAURJ cover. Last year's cover can be viewed here. Students may choose to use an optional PSD book template for their cover design (logos within the template must be retained for submission to be considered). For students who wish to see a physical copy of prior journals, please come to the Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry in GS2 Suite 209. The deadline for cover design submissions has been EXTENDED to February 12, 2016 . Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line 2015-2016 Cover Submission. The file should be named YourName_FAURJ_BookTemplate. Specs of the cover: 6 x 9, full layout 12.5 x 9 (front, back, and spine). The cover design brief gives more information about what the cover design should encompass.
For questions regarding the cover art contest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for publication, research must be done by an undergraduate student or students at FAU. The research must be mentored by an FAU faculty member. Two or more FAU undergraduate students may co-author a single manuscript submission.
A complete Manuscript Submission includes the following:
- Cover letter ( Cover Letter Guidelines ) For the guidelines the Z number needs to be included in the Cover Letter Guidelines.
- Short biography for each author (50-150 words)
- Abstract (150 words)
- Manuscript (1500-4000 words)
- Works Cited (No limit but separate from the Manuscript Word Count)
- Note: All value ranges for the Author Biography, Abstract, Manuscript and Works Cited are not suggested maximums. To ensure that we can print your entire research project we have limited the word count. Please edit your documents accordingly.
- Faculty Research Advisor Release Form (Use this version only)
- Student Release Form (Use this version only)
- .Doc format (Microsoft Word)
- Body: 12-point, Times New Roman
- References: 10-point, Times New Roman
- 1-inch margins, double spaced
- Include page numbers
- Conform to documentation format appropriate to student's discipline (APA, IEEE, MLA, CBE, etc.)
- Include publication-ready figures and tables throughout the manuscript
- Cover Letter (submit in .doc format titled "CoverLetter_yourname")
- Short bio (submit in .doc format titled "Shortbio_yourname")
- Manuscript (submit in .doc format titled "Manuscript_yourname")
- Abstract (submit in .doc format titled "Abstract_yourname")
- Faculty Research Advisor Release Form (submit in .pdf format titled "AdvisorRelease_yourname")
- Student Release Form (submit in .pdf format titled "StudentRelease_yourname")
All written manuscripts will be submitted through SafeAssign as part of the peer-review process. Each manuscript will be reviewed anonymously by 1-2 qualified undergraduate and/or graduate student peer-reviewers and one faculty reviewer. After each manuscript is reviewed, the author(s) will receive email confirmation of whether the manuscript was accepted. Accepted manuscripts will be returned to the author(s) with comments/edits via track changes. The author(s) will be expected to make revisions in a timely manner and return the revised manuscript to FAURJ editors for layout design.
Writing GuidelinesAlthough manuscript formats vary by discipline, the following links may aid students in writing papers for publication in the URJ at FAU or elsewhere. Please consult with your faculty adviser for guidance.
All questions can be directed to the FAURJ committee at email@example.com.
Adapted from UCF, UF-JUR, FSURJ, and UCLA-USJ websites.