Event Day: September 19, 2014 from 1-2 p.m.
Event Day: September 29, 2014 from 1-2 p.m.
Grant Deadline: October 1, 2014 by 5:00 p.m.
How to get Started Workshop a Success!
OURI hosted two workshops last Friday on “How to get Started” in undergraduate research. Over 40 students in attendance learned how to identify research questions and worked on small interactive projects.
Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ)
The Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal that is published annually. The FAURJ is published online and in print. Its missions are to showcase high quality undergraduate research in all fields, supply younger students with an idea of the standard of research, and promote inquiry-based activities at FAU. The journal can be viewed on the nationally recognized, Council on Undergraduate Research website.
The FAURJ is currently accepting manuscript submissions for the 2014 volume. The deadline for submission is Friday, May 30, 2014. Two editions of each volume of the FAURJ are published each year (one in the spring and one in the fall). The issue in which a manuscript is published is dependent on the amount of time it takes our volunteer reviewers to review the manuscript. This is dependent on both the reviewer availability and the quality of the manuscript.
To be eligible for publication, research must be done by an undergraduate student or students at FAU. The research must be mentored by an FAU faculty member. Two or more FAU undergraduate students may co-author a single manuscript submission.
- Cover letter ( Cover Letter Guidelines )
- Short author biography (50-150 words)
- Abstract (200-300 words)
- Manuscript (1500-4000 words)
- Supervisor Release Form
- Student Release Form
- .Doc format (Microsoft Word)
- Body: 12-point, Times New Roman
- References: 10-point, Times New Roman
- 1-inch margins, double spaced
- Include page numbers
- Conform to documentation format appropriate to student's discipline (APA, IEEE, MLA, CBE, etc.)
- Include publication-ready figures and tables throughout the manuscript
- Cover Letter (submit in .doc format titled "CoverLetter_yourname")
- Short bio (submit in .doc format titled "Shortbio_yourname")
- Manuscript (submit in .doc format titled "Manuscript_yourname")
- Abstract (submit in .doc format titled "Abstract_yourname")
- Research Supervisor Release Form (scan and submit in .pdf format titled "SupervisorRelease_yourname")
- Student Release Form (scan and submit in .pdf format titled "StudentRelease_yourname")
All written manuscripts will be submitted through SafeAssign as part of the peer-review process. Each manuscript will be reviewed anonymously by 1-2 qualified undergraduate and/or graduate student peer-reviewers and one faculty reviewer. After each manuscript is reviewed, the author(s) will receive email confirmation of whether the manuscript was accepted. Accepted manuscripts will be returned to the author(s) with comments/edits via track changes. The author(s) will be expected to make revisions in a timely manner and return the revised manuscript to FAURJ editors for layout design.
Writing GuidelinesAlthough manuscript formats vary by discipline, the following links may aid students in writing papers for publication in the URJ at FAU or elsewhere. Please consult with your faculty adviser for guidance.
Adapted from UCF, UF-JUR, FSURJ, and UCLA-USJ websites.