Abstract Deadline: January 11th, 2017
Event Dates: February 24-25th, 2017
Event Date: March 31st, 2017
Spring 2017 Boca Raton Workshop Schedule:
How to Get Started in Research and Inquiry: Located on the Boca Raton Campus, GS conference room 214B
- January 20th at 11-12pm (Note: Room Change: GS 214A)
- January 24th at 3-4pm (VC to Davie: LA150; VC to Jupiter: AD 204)
- February 13th at 10-11am (VC to Davie: LA150; VC to Jupiter: SR 200)
- February 27th at 2-3pm (VC to Davie: LA150; VC to Jupiter: SR 270)
- March 2nd at 1-2pm (VC to Davie: LA150; VC to Jupiter: SR 200)
- March 13th at 2-3pm (VC to Davie: LA150; VC to Jupiter: SR 200)
- April 14th at 10-11am (VC to Davie: LA139; VC to Jupiter: AD 204)
Creating an Oral and Poster Presentation: Located on the Boca Raton Campus, GS conference room 214B
- January 20th at 10-11am
- March 17th at 10-11am (VC to Davie: LA148; VC to Jupiter: AD 206)
- March 17th at 2-3pm (VC to Davie: LA148; VC to Jupiter: AD 206)
Research Ethics: Located on the Boca Raton Campus, GS conference room 214B
- February 20th at 10-11am (VC to Davie LA 150; Jupiter SR 270)
- March 20th at 2-3 pm (VC to Davie LA 150; Jupiter AD 204)
Planning for Graduate School : location TBD
- April 12th at 1-2pm
Attending a Conference:
Davie and Jupiter Workshops: TBD
How to Get Started in Research and Inquiry : This workshop, offered each Month, will discuss the beginning steps on how to get started in undergraduate research and inquiry, including what is research, how to get involved in research and inquiry, how to contact faculty members, and much more!
Research Ethics:Here students will learn about the projects that need to have research compliance through the Division of Research and the roads to take in order to conduct ethical research.
Statistical Significance and Effect Size; Beyond p-value: Statistical arguments need to contain more than a single number and whether that number exceeds an arbitrary threshold. The purpose of this presentation is to highlight misconceptions of the p-value, and how effect size provides additional and pertinent information relating to a research question. The outcome of the presentation for research assistants would be an increased ability in interpreting research results. Graduate students and faculty may also benefit through a better understanding of the factors that should be considered in a research initiative.
Creating a Poster and Oral Presentation: Students will be assisted in the process of creating a poster and oral research presentation, just in time for the annual OURI Undergraduate Research Symposium!