Abstract Deadline: January 11th, 2017
Event Dates: February 24-25th, 2017
Event Date: March 30th, 2017
The Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal that is published annually. The FAURJ is published online and in print by OURI's student club, the Council for Scholarship and Inquiry (C.S.I.). Its missions are to showcase high quality undergraduate research in all fields, supply students with an idea of the standard of research, and promote inquiry-based activities at FAU.
Request a Classroom Visit from OURI
We are very pleased and excited that you are interested in ways to get your students involved in undergraduate research and inquiry! Peer mentors will present to classes and clubs about the Office and what it offers students. They will gear their presentation toward the group of students in your class and provide information relevant to the group. Presentations can be as short as 10 minutes with a brief overview of the office or as long as an hour with some engaging activities! Please email us at least ONE WEEK prior to the requested date in order for OURI to ensure the best presenters for the audience!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org your request, please include
- Date and Time of the presentation
- Location of the presentation
- How long will the mentor have to present? (e.g. 10 minutes, 20 minutes, etc.)
- Number of students
- Brief statement describing the group (e.g. sophomore psychology students, or juniors with a variety of majors, etc.)
- any additional information that may be helpful in organizing a presentation geared towards your students
Referral Process for Students
Please feel free to refer all students to the OURI office who are interested in getting involved or started in research, we are happy to assist them!
Are you interested in recruiting an Undergraduate Researcher?
Submit an Undergraduate Research Opportunity!! Each week OURI sends out an announcement to the mailing list with upcoming opportunities such as ways for undergraduates to get funded, attend presentations, conferences and workshops, events, and much more. Faculty interested in submitting an undergraduate research opportunity, please email requests to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Name and email of faculty mentor
- Name and email of graduate student (if appropriate)
- Project title
- Project description (2-3 line description of what the student will be doing)
- Start date and anticipated end date of project
- Student expectations/qualifications: e.g. course work prerequisites, instrumentation skills, time commitment.
- Deadline for applicants
- Application details: what you want from the student, e.g. CV, research experience, etc.
- web link or flyer with additional information (if available)
Please note: undergraduate students engaged in research projects may require additional research compliance training and certification. For further information please visit the Division of Research website. Additional research compliance information can be found here.Previous announcements can be seen here.