Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Many of FAU's systems (office desktop, etc.) and services (Banner, etc.) can only be accessed from within the FAU network. In order to securely access these services from off-campus, you will need to go through FAU's VPN.
VPN access is granted to Faculty and Staff that have a job-related need to access secure systems remotely. If you need to request VPN access, please submit a ticket by clicking on the "Request Support" Tab on the Online Helpdesk. All VPN requests will need to be approved by your supervisor before access is granted.
Accessing the VPN network
Once your VPN access has been approved, download & install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client installation file appropriate for your operating system:
- Windows 8 (64 Bit) and Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows XP (SP3 32-bit Only) and Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Double-click on the downloaded file and allow it to install.
- Launch the Cisco VPN Client.
- Enter vpncluster.fau.edu for the "Connect To" box and click select.
- Enter FAUNet ID username and password in the boxes provided and click connect.
Mac OS X 10.6 or later - Intel
(Mac OS X 10.5 and earlier and PowerPC Versions of Mac OS X are not Supported)
- Install Cisco AnyConnect from the Apple App Store.
- Add a VPN connection & enter vpncluster.fau.edu for Server Address.
- Leave Use Certificates turned off.
- Click Connect & enter FAUNet ID and password when prompted
Linux users, please enter a support request and provide the name of your Linux distribution in the request.
DISCLAIMER: This software is to be used at your own risk; OIT does not take any responsibility for any damage in whatever form or context. Additionally, VPN client upgrades are installed automatically from the server as needed after the initial client installation. These are necessary to keep the client software up to date.