Computing & Network Security
Security awareness is the anticipation of potential threats and security issues. Although there are many technological measures that OIT uses to protect the university's computing and network infrastructure, technology alone cannot provide adequate security. All computer users' awareness and personal responsibility are critical to the success of any information security program.
Information can be threatened by:
- Social engineering
- Financial fraud
- Misuse of systems and network
- Password guessing
- Physical access to bypass controls
- Abuse of privileges and trust
- Theft of storage media, laptops and other technologies
- Accidental disclosure
What are the Goals of FAU's Security Awareness Program?
- To educate members of the University community
- To identify and address risk
- To promote and encourage good security habits
Useful Network Security Links