Access Your Owl Mail in Outlook
Please set your Owl Apps Password in the MyFAU accounts page before you continue with these instructions.
Log into MyFAU and click the My Account link on the top left and then Set Your Owl Apps Account Password.
- Enable IMAP in Owl Mail:
- Sign in to Owl Mail.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right and select Mail settings.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Configure your IMAP client and click Save Changes.
- Allow less secure apps in Owl Mail:
- Sign into Owl Mail
- Click on profile and select My Account
- Click Sign-in and security
- Scroll down and set Allow less secure apps: ON.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and add an account.
- Select manual configure server settings.
- Select Internet E‐mail.
- Settings: name, full email address (FAUNetID@fau.edu)
- In the Account Type dropdown menu, select IMAP. In the “Incoming mail server” section, enter imap.gmail.com and in the “Outgoing mail server (SMTP)” section, enter smtp.gmail.com.
- In the “User Name”' field, enter FAUNetID@fau.edu. In the “Password” field enter your Owl Apps password, as mentioned above.
- Click More Settings, then the Advanced tab.
- Incoming server must be 993, and must use SSL3 encryption.
- Outgoing server can use 587,TLS4 encryption.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Make sure that “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” is selected. The radio button “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” should also be selected.
- Click OK > Next > Finish > Close > OK.
- You should now be able to receive your Owl Apps Mail powered by Google.