Forgot your Password? You can reset it yourself!
Set your Password Reset Questions & Answers Today!
How It Works
When you attempt to access MyFAU (either to claim your account or a return visit), you will be prompted to set up a new set of questions and answers that will help you reset your own password if you forget or lose it. Since MyFAU is part of the FAU universal login (single username and single password) system, this tool will also reset your network, wireless, Blackboard, and email passwords.
This new update will help make the password reset process easier and more user friendly.
- There will now be five pairs of questions and answers. You must supply three of the questions yourself.
- The answers are no longer case or whitespace sensitive.
- For example, the system will now recognize your answer as correct whether you supply "myPassword" or "My Password".
- When initiating a password reset process by clicking on the "Forgot Your Password?" link on the MyFAU login page, you will be prompted to answer three random questions out of the five established. All three must be answered correctly for you to be allowed to change your password.
You no longer have to call the Help Desk for a reset! The power is all yours!
If you forget your password, instead of calling the Help Desk you can click the "Forgot Your Password?" link on the MyFAU login page and reset your password yourself. Enter your username when prompted and you will be asked a random three of the 5 challenge questions. If you answer the questions correctly, you'll be prompted to reset your password and then log into MyFAU with the new password.
If you answer the questions incorrectly, you'll be prompted with another three of the 5 questions. The process will continue until you answer a question set correctly. If you can't answer any of the questions correctly call the OIT Help Desk (561-297-3999) to have your password reset.
Important to Note
- After you've gone through the QA challenge and reset your password, note that you are assigning yourself a new password.
- After resetting your MYFAU password, if you use Outlook or another e-mail client to download e-mail to your computer you must reset that password to the same as in MYFAU. For example, Outlook users can reset their password by clicking on the send/receive to get a prompt to change the password.
- The updated password will automatically work with other OIT provided services such as Blackboard, E-mail & the FAU Network .
- If you can't remember your challenge answers, you can still call the OIT Help Desk to have your password reset (call 561-297-3999). Then when you log into MyFAU, you can reset your answers to the security questions by clicking on the "My Account" link once logged in.
- The QA challenge is available 24 hrs/day.