A Message from the President
For the past year and a half, an intense strategic planning initiative has been under way at FAU under the leadership of Trustee Nancy Blosser and Dr. Kristen Murtaugh. This process has benefited from the input of a broad cross-section of faculty, students, staff, alumni and friends of the University. It came to a successful conclusion in January, when the Board of Trustees not only approved the plan, but gave it high marks for its comprehensive approach to crafting the best of all futures for FAU.
From the day FAU opened its doors in 1964, its overarching purpose has been to bring the advantage of top quality, locally accessible higher education to the people of South Florida. While tremendous strides have been made in achieving this grand objective, the growth and development of FAU will always be a work in progress. Our strategic plan provides a framework for guiding the University’s growth in a host of areas in the coming years. The plan addresses the following seven strategic goals:
- Providing Increased Access to Higher Education
- Meeting Statewide Professional and Workforce Needs
- Building World-Class Academic Programs and Research Capacity
- Meeting Community Needs and Fulfilling Unique Institutional Responsibilities
- Building a State-of-the-Art Information Technology Environment
- Enhancing the Physical Environment
- Increasing the University’s Visibility
Please take some time to explore the strategic plan by visiting www.fau.edu/strategic plan. We are excited to begin this new era in the life of the University and confident that through strategic planning FAU will become an ever-greater asset to South Florida.
Frank T. Brogan ’81