What We Do
The Internal Communications office is responsible for providing news and information to Florida Atlantic University faculty, staff and students as well as other constituencies. The office is also responsible for creating and implementing internal communications strategies and helping facilitate the flow of information among the various departments and colleges of the University. It is also handles editorial services and proofreading duties for internal and external projects including publications and electronic communications.
Among the delivery vehicles the office oversees are:
Twice-weekly e-mail Announcements contain time-sensitive information as well as news and reminders for faculty and staff. Announcements are sent on Mondays and Thursdays.
Submit information at least two working days before the date you would like the item to run to Lynn Laurenti.
MyFAU announcements are posted through the University's MyFAU system for faculty, staff and students.
Submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The University's Calendar of Events lists public, FAU-sponsored events from every department and campus.
Submit information to email@example.com .
When submitting information, please include:
- Event name
- Location (include room number, building, campus)
- Description (three sentences or less)
- Sponsoring college, department or group
- Contact information for event
- Contact information for listing (if different from event contact info.)
Internal Communications is also the central resource for important and late-breaking campus bulletins. Through e-mails, students, faculty and staff are kept informed about urgent news and University-wide issues.