Yoga for the Mind:
Develop a Joyous, Healthy, Stress-Free Life
COURSE DESCRIPTION: One of the most important things you can do for your health is to engage in both physical and mental activities. Whereas 16% of Americans claim to exercise regularly, less than 1% do any form of mental exercise, overlooking the fact that the body and the mind are inextricably interlinked. This lecture series offers opportunity to engage in simple and fun mental-fitness activities that will help develop a joyous, healthy, stress-free life. In 1967, Richard Israel began studying Raja (mental) yoga with the late Swami Nisreyasananda (1899-1991) in Harare, Zimbabwe. For the last 40 years, Richard has been adapting these profound teachings, supported by cutting-edge neuroscience, to enhance the performance of business executives globally. Richard has published 12 books in over 30 foreign languages. You can sample Richard's Mental Yoga in four short minutes on You Tube at 'Mind Chi exercise to improve concentration.'
1. Awareness: Complete Breath, Creative Living, The Power of Choice, Beat It, Making Sense of it All, Chair Yoga, The Daily Seven
2. Intention: Energy Builder, Recalibration, Success Filing, Self-Confirmation
3. Attention: The Six Senses, FACE Formula, Your Front Page, Five Friends
4. Retention: Clearing the Decks, The Other Half of Memory, Creating Your Future, Unforgettable You
5. Creation: Make It Up, Master's Head, Structural Tension
6. Celebration: Getting What You Want, The Powerful You, Happy Days, Activators
7. The Hero's Journey: Where you are now and where you want to be
8. What we discovered in the eight arms of Mental Yoga
BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION: Richard Israel is a consultant, speaker, trainer, and author. A pioneer in creating brain capital, he is sought after around the world and has trained more than 1.5 million people across four continents with his material. He has spoken at more than 150 global businesses and training conferences, made numerous TV appearances, and his work has been reviewed internationally.
||9:00 am - 10:45 am
||Mondays, January 6, 13, 27; February 3; 10, 17, 24; March 3
||Barry and Florence Friedberg Auditorium, Boca Raton Campus
||$68 member / $98 non-member